Our client is a well know tech-Startup in e-mobility
and the position will be in Labour-Leasing / ANÜ initially limited to 12 months
Your role and your team:
The System Testing team is responsible for various disciplines covering component, system, and whole aircraft tests. It is set up in three divisions: Testing, Test Management and Test Operations. Our team runs tests that facilitate certification, development, and research for the technology areas: Propulsion Systems, Energy Storage, Structures, Environmental Tests, and Hardware in the Loop (HIL).
You will report directly to the Head of System Testing and the Team Lead Energy Test and work closely with all teams on System Testing team, as well as the various other engineering teams (cell, mechanical, thermal, simulation, etc.).
You will serve as the person of contact and expert for selected performance and abuse tests and will work on tasks ranging from feasibility assessment and requirements breakdown via concept development and test execution to data processing. You will develop, coordinate, and execute test that take cells to and beyond their limits, in close collaboration with your colleagues on the test team, as well as our cell team, data scientists, mechanical, thermal, and simulation engineers. In this role you will ensure that the aircrafts are certification ready and fly with the best technology that is available today and in the future.
Your Day to Day:
- Development, coordination, preparation, and execution of battery performance and abuse tests, in-house and with partners
- Analysis of test data and interpretation of the results
- Design of test fixtures and test benches for analysing the electrical, electrochemical, and electromechanical behaviour of batteries and electrical components within and outside of their limits
- Planning, setup, and maintenance of battery test spaces
- Work on ad hoc related tasks or projects provided by management
- BSc, MSc, or PhD or equivalent degree in engineering, physics, chemistry, or a related field required
- 2 years experience with batteries, preferably executing performance tests and abuse testing, is required
- Experience with electrical and equipment like power supplies, loads, data acquisition systems, etc. is required
- Experience/training in live working with hazardous voltages and battery systems is a plus
- Experience in the aerospace industry and with certification testing is a plus (e.g. testing according to DO311A, DO160, etc.)
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as autonomously
- Target-oriented, driven work style with analytic problem-solving skills
- Strong motivation to help build structures and processes
- Fluent English language skills are essential, fluent German or any other language beneficial
Duration: 12 months
Working hours: Normally 40 hours/week
On-Site working is required